Monday, April 27, 2009

Wikis

I now know what a wiki is. It has taken me ages to get around to addressing my findings as I have found all the sites so interesting and have set up a family wiki page. I'm hooked.
http://plnswmarketing.wetpaint.com/page/2008+Seminar+-+It The Public Libraries NSW Marketing Group Wiki seemed to have everything you could want as a support.
* a place to share success stories
*sample marketing plans
* a tips and tricks page
* links to other websites and blogs
All these features seem very helpful.
All that is needed is someway to motivate participation.

Next site that I found helpful ideas from was at http://www.libsuccess.org/index.php?title=Main_Page - Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki
This wiki is set out so well addressing all sorts of subjects.
Amongst other sections one of particular interest was the section entitled Online Training Resources for Librarians.

I thought sharing of programs for preschoolers would be a useful application for a wiki.
In an area where there are several library branches a wiki would be useful for communication.
- an ideal sharing place.

No comments:

Post a Comment